Vegan, gluten free, dairy free
1/4 x kent pumpkin (700g), 2cm cubes with skins on
1 cup x rice
1 cup x leek (100g), diced
2 tsp x garlic, minced
3 tbsp x curry spice mix (pg22) or curry powder of your choice
1 cup x mushrooms, either oyster or button, thinly sliced
3 cups x vegetable stock or water
1/2 cup x coconut cream
1 tbsp x nutritional yeast
1 tsp x salt
1 tsp x pepper
3 tbsp x coconut oil
3 tbsp x fresh parsley (15g), finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 200 °C fan
- Line a medium baking tray and add the pumpkin, 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, and a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Combine well and place in the oven for 40 minutes or until cooked. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Put 1 tablespoon of coconut oil into a medium pot and place on a medium high heat. Once hot, add the leek and sauté for 4-5 minutes, until soft. Add the garlic and curry spice mix continue to fry, stirring frequently, for a further 2 minutes to release the flavours from the spices. Add the rice and stock. Stir then place the lid on and reduce to a simmer for 30 minutes or until rice is cook and resembles porridge.
- While the rice is cooking, put 1 tablespoon of coconut oil into a medium fry pan and place on a medium high heat, add mushrooms, sauté for 5 minutes or until cooked. Try not to over crowd the pan as they will produce to much water. You may have to cook in 2 lots depending on the size of your fry pan.
- Once rice is cooked remove from the heat and stir in coconut cream, nutritional yeast, cooked pumpkin, sautéd mushrooms, salt and pepper
- Serve with parsley, lemon wedge and a good drizzle of good quality olive oill
This recipe was taken from Tash and Ziggy’s upcoming recipe book – due to be released in December 2020!!
Tash Burbury can be found cooking delicious meals at Billabong Retreat focusing on fresh, whole foods bursting with flavour,
Together with her partner Ziggy also offer conscious catering blessed with high vibration, local and sustainable Australian flavours. Refined sugar free, vegan and gluten free available. You can find out more about her at https//:www.burburywholefoods.com &