Vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free
Did you know that fennel actually has this amazing top part of the herb. For some reason when you buy fennel from the shops they chop off one of the best parts. My suggestion is to ask your farmer to keep the tops of the fennel for you so you can make this delicious salad.
5 x medium carrots
1/4 cup x raisins
1/4 cup x roughly chopped coriander
1/4 cup x finely chopped fennel tops
1 x orange
1 tbsp x olive oil
1/4 cup x pepita (pumpkin seeds)
1 tsp x tamari
salt to taste
- In a fry pan, dry roast the pepita seeds. You will know when they are done when they start to pop.
- Once you here the popping turn off the heat and stir in the tamari.
- Peel the carrots (keep skins for stock) and grate.
- Juice the orange and pour over carrots.
- Add olive oil, raisins, tamari pepita, chopped fennel and coriander.
- Toss until combined.
She also offers conscious catering blessed with high vibration, local and sustainable Australian flavours. Refined sugar free, vegan and gluten free available. You can find out more about her at https//:www.burburywholefoods.com &