Vegan, gluten free
Coconut yogurt can be expensive. If you are dairy intolerant or just love the taste of coconut yogurt why not make your own! I love serving mine on top of activated granola or chia cups. It’s super simple, probiotic rich, creamy and delicious.
Flesh x one young coconut
1/4 cup x the coconut juice inside the coconut
1/2 cup x cashews
1 x probiotic capsule or half a tsp x probiotics. Please make sure the probiotic is high quality and does not contain PRE-biotics.
1/4 cup x coconut oil
1 teaspoon x honey
1/4 teaspoon x vanilla power or 5 drops of vanilla extract
- Soak cashews over night
- Melt coconut oil on stove at low heat
- Blend in a high speed blender: soaked and washed cashews, flesh of coconut, coconut juice, coconut oil, probiotics and any add-ins. Blend for a few minutes to activate the probiotic.
- Place in the fridge for an hour. Keeps for about a week.
If you would like it to be more of a yogurt ‘light’ consistency you can ferment it.
- Sterilise a jar
- Pour the yogurt mixture (minus the coconut oil) into the jar and cover with a cheesecloth or a very thin dish towel (something that lets the air in but keeps the bugs out.)
- Place the jar in a warm place (above 25 degrees) and let it ‘activate’ for 24 to 48 hours depending on how ‘sour’ you like your yogurt.
- Place it in the fridge and it will thicken with the cold. It keeps for about a week.
About The Author
She also offers conscious catering blessed with high vibration, local and sustainable Australian flavours. Refined sugar free, vegan and gluten free available. You can find out more about her at https//:www.burburywholefoods.com &
Tash also holds wisdom about yoga and meditation. She really is a goddess of all trades.