Vegan, paleo, gluten free, refined sugar free
This is a super dense & delicious loaf thats going to make your kitchen smell like heaven. I like it toasted with extra PB, maple and banana….ohhhhhh baby.
3 x mashed ripe bananas (spotty if you have them)
1/2 cup x peanut butter
1/2 cup x pure maple syrup
1/4 cup x coconut sugar
1 tsp x vanilla powder
2 x chia eggs (see notes)
1 x pinch salt
2 tsp x ground cinnamon
1/2 cup x chopped dates
1/2 cup x shredded coconut
3 cups x almond meal
1 1/2 tsp x baking powder
1 1/2 tsp x baking soda
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Mix all ingredients in part one in a mixing bowl
- Add part two and mix until combined
- Pour into loaf tin; I had a little bit left over so I just made some muffins on the side
- Optional: I sliced some extra coconut sugar and banana on top before baking so the sugar caramelised while baking
- Bake for 25 mins or until golden brown
Note: Chia Egg: this is a vegan alternative and binds the same way that a regular egg would. All you need to do it soak chia seeds in water for 15 min before use, the chia to water ratio is 1 chia egg = 1 tbsp of chia in 3 tbsp of water.
About the Chef:
Kim grew up in the kitchen with a love of food; learning from her mother who worked as a chef. Once Kim discovered the amazing world of plant based wholefoods and how they not only enrich your diet but your whole lifestyle, she knew that this was the area she wanted to focus her heart and soul on.