Love olives? Try this next time to add some extra flavour.
- 2 cups of unpitted kalamatta or Sicilian olives.(drains and rinsed well)
- 1 clove of garlic (roughly chopped)
- 1 Tablespoon of fennel seeds
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon of cracked black pepper
- 1/2 lemon (thinly sliced)
- 3 cinnamon quills
How to Make
- Warm a thin layer of olive oil in a medium temperature pan and add all the ingredients, except the olives.
- Gently warm for a few minutes to fragrant the oil. The garlic should stay white and not turn brown. If it does, turn the temperature down.
- Add the olives and continue to warm for another 5 minutes.
- Leave to cool for a few minutes and serve warm.
- Store what is left in the fridge for up to a week and gently warm to serve next time.
About The Chef:
Simon Favorito comes from a lineage of wholefood chefs & has spent over half his life helping people to discover the magic of wholefood medicine through the culinary arts as a chef, a natural health practitioner, coach & teacher.
Simon offers conscious event catering, educational courses and personalized coaching that combine natural health principles, wholistic nutritional, modern psychology, traditional & contemporary food philosophy to help individuals create their own life changing food culture.
You can find Si cooking at Billabong Retreat every other weekend and most Thursdays and Fridays.