Thai Sweet Potato Patties
- 3 x medium sweet potato grated (skin can be left on if organic)
- 2 tablespoons x coconut oil
- zest x 1 lime
- 2 x large leaves of silverbeet finely chopped
- 2 x organic free range eggs beaten
- 1 tablespoon x fresh chopped coriander
- 2 tablespoons x buckwheat flour
- 2 tablespoons x almond meal
- 1 tablespoon x honey
- 1 teaspoon x celtic salt
- 1 x kaffir lime chopped finely (I also use a mortal and pestle to enhance flavour)
- 1/2 x leek chopped finely
- 1 clove x garlic crushed
- 1/2 tsp x ginger power
- 1/2 tsp x turmeric powder
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees (fan forced).
- Line baking tray with paper.
- Grate potato then place in a bowl and mix in 1 teaspoon sea salt. Stand for 15 minutes. Then drain the sweet potato by squeezing with a towel (I use a hemp cloth- cotton or even chux is fine). Use some strength here! Discard liquid.
- In a fry pan on medium heat add coconut oil, leek, garlic, ginger powder and turmeric powder.
- Mix everything together in a large bowl.
- Using wet hand create patties. and place on lined tray.
- Place in oven for about 25 minutes. Check first as it may need a little longer (should be brown on the bottom).
About The Chef
She also offers conscious catering blessed with high vibration, local and sustainable Australian flavours. Refined sugar free, vegan and gluten free available. You can find out more about her at https//:www.burburywholefoods.com &