- 500g of moog dal
- Home made vegetable stock (or water)
- Half medium size pumpkin cubed about 1cm
- 2 carrots diced
- 1 leek diced
- 1/4 cup of fresh grater ginger (loosely packed)
- 2 teaspoons of coriander seeds
- 2 teaspoons of cumin seeds
- 2 table spoons of coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons of black mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons of turmeric
- 400g of home made tomato sauce (or organic tin chopped tomatoes)
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 1 can of organic coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon of celtic salt
- Soak dal over night
- Wash dal. Place dal, carrots and pumpkin into pot and cover with home made stock or water. Bring to the boil.
- In a seperate small pot. Place coriander seeds, cumin seeds and black mustard seeds. Cover with a lid. Let the seeds pop.
- Once they have popped for 2 minutes add coconut oil ginger, cinnamon, turmeric and leek. Sauté until brown. You may have to use a little water to stop from sticking. Stir into dal.
- Stir in honey, tomato sauce and coconut cream.
- Add salt to taste. I also like to serve with braggs, coriander, lime, pickled ginger and coconut yogurt.
About The Chef
She also offers conscious catering blessed with high vibration, local and sustainable Australian flavours. Refined sugar free, vegan and gluten free available. You can find out more about her at https//:www.burburywholefoods.com &