Recipe by Billabong chef Si Favorito
GF, Paleo, Vegan, Sugar free, yeast free
This loaf is beautifully satisfying and is loaded of wholefood goodness and nutrition. It makes a perfect breakfast loaf with some avocado, fresh herbs, lime & chilli or even an afternoon snack spread with some tahini, miso paste and fresh sprouts.
Serves 7-8 people
INGREDIENTS: Stage 1
- 2 cups organic quinoa
- 1/3 cup organic linseeds
- 1/3 cup organic chia seeds
- 1 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 Tb fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 red onion (finely sliced)
- 1/2 cup activated or raw almonds
- 1/2 cup activated or raw pepitas
- 5 cups filtered or spring water
INGREDIENTS: Stage 2
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 3/4 cup grated zucchini (seeds removed)
- 2 Tb extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 Tb hulled tahini
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Mix all ingredients from Stage 1 together and leave to soak for 4-5 hours.
- After this, strain any excess liquid and gel from the seeds through a strainer.
- Add half of the mix to a blender and blend until smooth and paste like.
- Combine all of the ingredients from stage 1 & 2 together.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Line a baking tin with baking paper on each side and the base, pour in the mix.
- Place another piece of baking paper on top of the mix before placing into the oven.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour or until the top of the loaf is Brown in colour and it’s firm to touch.
You can store this in the fridge for 3-4 days.
This recipe was created by one of our resident chefs, Si Favorito of ‘Your Conscious Kitchen’. If you would like to try out Si’s delicious wholesome, healthy food come along to one of our retreats.