The use of cauliflower instead of rice brings a lightness, as well as a unique flavour and texture. It is great as a side or a main dish.
- 1 tablespoon ghee or coconut oil
- 1 Spanish onion finely chopped
- 1 medium cauliflower in chunks
- 1 carrot, peeled & finely diced
- 1 medium zucchini, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 1-2 cloves garlic, grated
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream
- 1/2 bunch fresh coriander, chopped
- Olive oil to drizzle
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Himalayan or Celtic Sea Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
Cook onions in a large frying pan on medium until soft. Grate the cauliflower on the large side of your grater or mill. Add cauliflower, zucchini, garlic, ginger, cayenne pepper and tamari to the onions. Cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally until the carrot is just soft. Add lemon juice, coriander, coconut cream and season. Serve with a drizzle of olive oil. Enjoy!
GF DF NT SF GRF EF V
If you would like to try some of her wonderful nutritious food, book into a relaxation & yoga retreat and enjoy Angie’s lovely organic vegetarian delicious meals!
Created by our resident chef, Angie Cowen. Recipe from her brand new cookbook Love Life and Gluten Free www.lovelifeandglutenfree.com