Turmeric has been used for thousands of years for its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. It is also known for it’s benefits to liver function, digestion, immune function and even protection from cancer.
It’s great to put in curries, soups and fresh juices, especially this time of the year to keep your immune system strong and avoid getting sick.
Golden Milk or also sometimes known as Turmeric Tea is a great and easy way to get the benefits of turmeric daily. You can drink it before going to bed as it helps to relax your system and boost your immune system while sleeping.
Try this easy and simple recipe:
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric (add to water to make paste)
- 2 cups of homemade almond milk
- 1 tablespoon local honey, (optional)
- 1 cinnamon stick or 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- small pinch of black pepper and grated ginger (optional)
Add the turmeric with water to make a paste, then add homemade almond milk and honey to taste. Alternatively you can use coconut milk instead of almond milk or try a variation by adding a teaspoon of cinnamon a pinch of black pepper and grated ginger.