So easy and delicious especially with some local or organic oranges.
A healthy gluten free
version on the old orange and poppyseed cake rich in good fats, fibre and protein.
- 3 organic eggs
- ½ cup of cold pressed olive or macadamia oil
- juice of 2 oranges
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tblsp chia seeds
- 2 cups almond meal
- ½ tsp bicarb soda
- 3 tblsp honey or rapadura sugar or equiv sweetner of your choice
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees
- Whisk eggs in a bowl and add oil and sweetner.
- Whisk till thick then add bicarb and stir
- Add lemon and orange juice and stir through, add chia and let sit for 5 minutes so the seeds
- Add almond meal and mix through.
- Pour into a lined cake tin and bake for half hour
or poke a skewer into the centre to see if it comes out clean. If it does it’s done.
Cool and serve with a cuppa! 🙂 EnjoyThis recipe was provided by Tory. Come and stay at Billabong Retreat to enjoy more of such delicious food 🙂 www.billabongretreat.com.au