This is a wonderfully spiced soup that will definitely raise the temperature of the bodies delighting in it.
- 550g carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 brown onion, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp ghee or extra virgin coconut oil for cooking
- 1 ½ tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp mild cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp finely grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 cups filtered water
- ½ cup coconut cream
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Good quality salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil for serving
Fresh oregano or other soft herb for serving
- On medium heat with a small to medium saucepan, fry onion in ghee or coconut oil for a couple of minutes. Add cumin seeds and cayenne pepper and fry for another minute.
- Add carrot, garlic, ginger, lemon zest, coconut cream, a good pinch of salt, pepper and water and cover with a lid. Leave for approximately 15-20 minutes, or until carrots are soft.
- If needed, season further with salt and pepper, add lemon juice and, using a stick blender, mix until very smooth.
- Pour into bowls and add a good dollop of goat curd, a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and plenty of fresh herbs to garnish. Enjoy!
- This recipe was provided by our wonderful chef Angie, you can find more of her wonderful recipes at:
And if you would like to try some of her yummy food book into a relaxation retreat at billabong retreat and enjoy her lovely organic delicious meals.