- 4 eggs (free range)
- 2/3 cup of olive oil
- ½ cup of honey (to taste, can add a little more)
- 3 cups spelt flour
- 1tsp bicarbonate
- 1tsp baking powder
- 2tsp ginger powder
- 2tsp cinnamon
- ½ nutmeg
- 1 ½ – 2 cups grated pumpkin
- 1 whole grated apple
- 2/3 cup of chopped walnuts (use some for topping)
- ½ cup sultanas
- Whisk eggs, add oil and honey.
- Grate pumpkin & apple and set aside.
- Sift flour into egg mixture together with bicarbonate & baking powder. Add spices to the mixture.
- Fold gently in the pumpkin, apple, walnuts and sultanas.
- Put the mixture into a baking tray and sprinkle rest of chopped walnuts over.
- Preheat the oven and bake for 20-25min. on 220°C until brown on top.
Alternative instead of walnut topping:
- Honey and orange juice, 2tsp of honey combined with 1 whole squeezed orange poured over.
Experience this and other great recipes at www.billabongretreat.com.au