- 2 tblspoons of miso paste (fresh or packet)
- 200gms brown rice (pre cook)
- 3 tblsp sesame oil
- 1large bunch Asian greens
- Splash of Mirin
- 2 eggs
- (Tamari roasted) sesame and sunflower seeds
- Veg stock
- 1 bunch coriander for garnish
- 1 small sized root grated ginger or spring onion for garnish
- 12 Shitake mushrooms fresh or dried
- oyster sauce
- 1 sheet shredded nori or wakame
Place Miso in saucepan
Add 1litre vege stock , grated ginger, splash of mirin, stir gently and bring to a steady simmer. Add half the mushrooms and the sliced nori or wakame.. turn down to a low heat.
In a fry pan,stir fry greens with ginger and sesame oil, put on a plate to the side.
Lightly whisk the 2 eggs in a small bowl with a fork, season.
Slice mushroom and fry off on one side in the same pan as the veges, add a little more sesame oil if needed then add egg over top to make an omelette ..add some sesame seeds before its fully cooked. Slice long and fine.. throw a few drops of oyster sauce over the omelette! Yum.
To serve put brown rice in bowl then miso and veg …omelette goes on top and then sprinkle spring onions or coriander and seeds.