- 1 whole med pumpkin…make sure they are ripe (jap, butternut and qld blue can be used also depending on sweetness and availability)
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 med onion diced
- 300mls veg stock (herbamare) maybe need more, add gradually
- 2 garlic cloves
- Nutmeg pinch
- 1 tbspoon curry powder
- Lime or lemon squeeze to taste (some grated lemon rind)
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- ½ cup of each carrot zucchini parsnip celery, shredded
- A handful of bean sprouts
- 1 kaffir lime leaves from tree at house
- ¼ bunch coriander chopped
Sweat onions, garlic, ginger and spices with a little stock. Add chopped, skin free pumpkin and sweet potato add the rest of the stock, simmer.
Add remaining ingredients and simmer until soft. Puree with a stick blender.
Season, add more ginger and lemon squeeze if desired.
Add shredded veges and lime leaves just before serving and sprinkle with coriander.
Serve with a yummy hot garlic bread!
Come and enjoy this and other delicious organic food at www.billabongretreat.com.au